Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More op-shop-ness

I loved this material so much when I saw it that it was with great selflessness that I gave it to my sister (and the fact that I even said that must mean that really I am incredibly selfish?).


Doesn't it make you want to curl up in bed or do finger painting or something?


And who couldn't love a pink ice-cream tin? Made even more lovely as Neville has an identical one in his shed, full of nails, and remembers when they were common rubbish. Ahhhh.



This one wasn't my op-shop find, but was found for me by Mum & Mim sis. Love the grandma nighties, especially those involving pink AND lace. And funky retro patterns.



Speaking of grandma nighties, I was on a girly group op-shopping trip recently and upon my purchase of two grandma dressing gowns, both pink, several people exclaimed disapprovingly of one dressing gown's particular grandma-ness and the shop lady then became offended as she was a grandma, and didn't like the dressing gown at all. I loudly proclaimed my affinity for all grandma-like op-shop products and my pride at being daggily grandma-like myself. My not-grandma-like sister actually commented on it recently. I think it was the crocheting that did it. Should I now admit to my fascination with the CWA and the temptation to go along to their next open meeting just to take a look? I don't think I want any long-term commitments here though. I just want to go. That's why I haven't gone yet. (??)

Now, this find takes the cake. Could you get any better than a tiny golden poodle? Actually, I think a tiny enamel pink and white poodle just like this one would be highly prized.


4 comments:

  1. You are sooo funny. I love it. What a score that top fabric, that is unbelievably gorgous. Great find. Love the tin, Love the nightie, your just completely funny. CWA meetings.. I love how men put nails and screws in fabulous old ins and jars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many treasures Sez! Of course I love them all.
    Fingerpainting yes or curling up in bed, both would be good.
    I absolutely LIVE for encounters like you had in the opshop with the granny and the friends saying the dressing gown was grannylike and the old ladies reaction. Sersioulsy those conversations and reactions and responses to old things and who is buying them are one of my favorite experiences in life EVER. LOVE IT !!!
    oh and that ice cream tin, its amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my site; glad you like it. I hope you find plenty to do.

    ReplyDelete