Monday, June 21, 2010

To Ballarat & Beyond!

On the Queen's Birthday weekend, Theo & I went to Ballarat to visit his brother Nathan & his wife Sharon. It was meant to be a surprise for his dad's birthday, who was driving down to spend the weekend too, but I forgot/got confused/somehow wasn't told (probably just forgot) and spilled the beans to him the week before. So we decided to keep the cake and birthday tea a secret, but someone else let that one slip LOL;) 

Here's Theo at the lookout at Mount Buninyong. Too foggy to see much of anything & I had a bit of a freakout about the tower and heights LOL but it was fun anyway ;)


We ate lunch at a little cafe which had good food and pots of tea & lots of pink. And it's name was pretty good: 'The Cupcake Cafe' :) 


We had a trip in the afternoon to Nathan & Sharon's new house they're about to move into. There's a shack on the property that has been propped up and bits added on for the last hundred and something years, the house is more recent. Local rumour has Peter Lalor (of Eureka Stockade fame) living on the property, sometime after the rebellion. 


(Notice Theo freezing in one of the above photos, because he volunteered his jacket to me:))

And here's a pretty, unknown berry (currant?) bush that was growing on the side of the road on the way home.


And I finally got to visit The Lark in Daylesford, whose blog I like to read. Where I admired lots of interesting things & bought this little poodle handbag mirror, which is vaguely reminiscent of 70's and 80's swap-cards. 



Did you do swap cards at primary school? I must admit I hadn't thought about them a whole lot since then, although I do have a stash in a special childhood box somewhere. But, on another tangent here, I did a little bit of googling & found this website. To think of all the internet-window-shopping trouble I could get into here.....

No comments:

Post a Comment