Sunday, September 12, 2010

We Love Dirt; Floods & the New Family Member

The camera had a hissy fit & deleted the photos I took of our five metres of topsoil we had delivered last Saturday. I thought the rain might wash it away, but we wheelbarrow-ed it everywhere & have new & improved garden beds to show for it. Here's the pile of dirt, much reduced. 


We needed some outdoor activity the other night when Theo got home from work, so we went to check out the flooding river at Murchison.


And today we drove to Waranga Basin for similar activities, where every man and his dog and child seemed to be also driving up, checking it out and driving off again. Decided to have a swing while we were there. 





The man of many talents made me a very complicated dinner last night & I was most impressed. 


Last but not least, here's the latest addition to the family. Col came to visit & brought me a present. 


I think I'll call her Daisy.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful wonderful fluffy lovely yellow creature. I loved reading you latest updates and seeing all the pets. Can't wait to see all the water and greenesss.
    The pompom creatures are from an old craft mag, the very best type. So 80s. I've do have a fledgling tray collection. I'll keep an eye out for the one with your dad on it.
    xxxxoooooo see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete