Friday, July 24, 2009

Please DO try this at home

I don't think I've done this for a few years. Well, not just for the sake of sitting or climbing, anyway. I went and climbed the tree in my yard.
I was removing a tennis ball from a branch near my head & I decided I liked the feel of the tree and I climbed on up to the first fork. I think that tree has ants on it in the summer. It was very peaceful up there (I wasn't that far off the ground, but I felt very adventurous all the same).
I could see different things and I was positioned high enough in the leaves and enough behind the trunk so that I think I was a bit hidden even. It was getting dark, so I think I'll try and climb up tomorrow. I was liking being up in the tree, spying on the cars going past. If I'm not hidden enough from the joggers, I'll have to pretend I just really like my greenery.

1 comment:

  1. Your posts just speak to my soul.

    I used to climb our tree behind the curry shop in Ashwood, we also used to sit out on the roof and talk till late in the night amongst other things like carting mattresses across four lane highways from the op shop across the road. Oneday I went back to that house and tree to find the tree was cut in half - I never do understand these actions anyway might have to climb another tree like you suggest :)

    ReplyDelete